Plan your visit
- Nature reserve: open daily, at all times.
- Car park: open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Closed outside of these hours.
Festive opening times
- Christmas Eve: car park closed.
- Christmas Day: car park closed.
- Boxing Day: car park closed.
- 27-30 December: car park closed.
- New Year’s Eve: car park closed.
- New Year’s Day: car park closed.
- 2 January: car park closed.
- 3 January: car park open, 9am-5pm.
- Free entrance to RSPB members
- Car park cost
How to get here
The closest station is Kelvedon. From here, you can cycle or catch a bus to Tollesbury.
Catch a bus to Tollesbury, then walk north along sea-wall for approximately two miles.
Follow directions to Tolleshunt D'Arcy. Turn left at village maypole then right into Chapel Road (back road to Tollesbury). After approx 1 mile (1.6 km), turn left into Old Hall Lane. Please therefore do not park in the lane. This leads to Old Hall Farm, then go around the garden in front of farmhouse, over speed ramps and through the iron gates to cattle grid, follow signs straight ahead to car park.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
The reserve can be accessed from Salcott and Tollesbury on foot.
Information for dog owners
Please keep your dog on a lead and under close, effective control at all times, due to the sensitive wildlife, habitats and livestock here.
Disturbing wildlife does more than simply causing it to move away; it uses up their energy, decreasing their chance of survival regardless of season. Thank you for protecting the special wildlife here by keeping your dog on a lead and under close, effective control.
- Dogs die in hot cars, please do not leave your dog in the car when visiting us.
- There are no dog waste bins on the reserve, we ask that you take the waste home with you to dispose of.
Group booking information
If you are visiting Old Hall Marshes as a group, please contact us in advance by email on firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.