I lead the ‘people conservation science’ team at RSPB’s Centre for Conservation Science, monitoring and understanding the human side of conservation issues, testing solutions to problems and evaluating whether actions work. The team has a particular interest in measuring and valuing nature’s contributions to people, in particular natural climate solutions and sustainable agriculture, and understanding the roles of nudges, perceptions, attitudes and connection to nature for influencing behaviour change.
We work in close collaboration with other teams in the Centre for Conservation Science, colleagues across RSPB and Birdlife International, and a wide range of other academic, statutory agency, government and NGO partners.
- 2015 to present: Honorary Research Fellow at Cambridge University
- 2018 to present: member of Natural England Scientific Advisory Committee
- 2019 to present: member of Cambridge University ‘C-Clear’ Doctoral Training Programme Advisory Board
- 2021 – present: Vice President, British Ornithologists’ Union
Partners and Collaboration
- Prof Andrew Balmford, Cambridge University
- Dr Stuart Butchart, BirdLife International
- Dr Karl Evans, University of Sheffield
- Dr Kelvin Peh, University of Southampton
- Dr Bendan Fisher, University of Vermont